What a breath of fresh air! These tee's are only £25 each and in store today so check them out and get one before that run sells through!
Wednesday, 29 June 2011
Monday, 27 June 2011
Tricky with Beyonce "Baby Boy" Glastonbury 2011... by offlicenceuk
Thursday, 23 June 2011
We love Gillian Zinser's style. She's got a great chilled out LA surfer girl style that so many of our brands are all about. To get the look check it out below.
Black Insight maxi £40 check it HERE
See-through black harem trousers £24 click HERE
Insight Bikini £50 HERE
Shirt dress £28 HERE
Friday, 17 June 2011
- TimCo-Owner of My Yard
- WHAT WAS YOUR 1ST PET AND WHAT DID YOU CALL IT? A hamster called Bashfull, I remember it biting my finger more than anything it did. But then what do hamsters actually do?
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHEESE? I like a bit of Mozzerella.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE DAY OF THE WEEK? Saturday. A great day. Busy in the shop. Lots of people buying things.
- SNOG/ MARRY/AVOID THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE, CHRISTINA AGUILERA, BRITNEY SPEARS AND KATY PERRY. Avoid the nutter Britney, snog the dirty one Christina and marry the Christian Katy.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TAKEAWAY? I don't do take away, too many bad experiences.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TREND OUT AT THE MOMENT? I love anything 90's.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BRAND RIGHT NOW? My Yard of course. Loving the graphic print vests.
- AND FINALLY WHAT ARE YOUR BEST PICS ON WWW.MY-YARD.CO.UK RIGHT NOW? It has to be the Navy Varsity.
Thursday, 16 June 2011
Wednesday, 15 June 2011
Nick Grimshaw's new Channel 4 program 'Style the Nation' popped into the shop a few weeks ago and did a bit of filming and bought our Navajo pocket Tee for their 'indie picnic' look. The crew also ended up spending a small fortune on stuff for themselves in the process. We managed to get a quick shot of the lovely Megs, our sales assistant as well. Huzzah!
Watch the lovely Megs in action on Style the nation, click HERE!
For a link to the Navajo Pocket Tee, click HERE!
New Womenswear buyer.Jo has joined the Mighty My Yard team this week as our new womenswear buyer, formally she worked for Motel as their head of concessions/ buyer/ merchandiser/ jack of all retail trades. Here is a bit about her...
- WHAT WAS YOUR 1ST PET AND WHAT DID YOU CALL IT? It was a rabbit and I called him Ben after the boy I liked at school at the time, I was about 5 at the time, lol.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHEESE? I would have to say castello blue, its a soft cheese but its also a blue cheese- winner combo!
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE DAY OF THE WEEK? I'd have to say Monday because working for My Yard is like a dream- wait, I got the job now right? haha
- SNOG/ MARRY/AVOID THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE, 50 CENT, JONATHAN ROSS, SIMON COWELL. oooooo, this is a tough one. Well I don't think I'm too down with the gangster vibe so I'll avoid 50, snog old Cowell and marry Jonathan Ross, he always seems like he's having a laugh!
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TAKEAWAY? Chinese food without a doubt, yum.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TREND OUT AT THE MOMENT? There are quite a few I'm enjoying, I do like the whole seventies revival and the colour block trend is fun.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BRAND RIGHT NOW? I do love Mink Pink, we stock it in My Yard but I've been familiar with it for a while as it's a big brand in the US and I've seen it over there when I did shows with Motel, they have a very hot bunch of girls who do their US sales that kept feeding us red wine one show in New York! Also Jeffrey Campbell shoes are just wicked, I know those guys from doing the shows as well, Jeffrey is lovely and Bridgette, their East coast sells rep has shared many a funny night with us.
- AND FINALLY WHAT ARE YOUR BEST PICS ON WWW.MY-YARD.CO.UK RIGHT NOW? It would have to be the My Yard war and peace vest and Mink Pink blk and white stripe oversize T.
As we grilled Jo for this important post she felt it was only fair that we have a Q&A session too...so stay tuned!